Remedies for Blurry Vision at Urban Eyecare & Eyewear
Whether you love to take photos, play sports, read, write, drive, watch movies, or simply enjoy a breathtaking landscape, clear vision enhances your quality of life tremendously. If your vision has grown blurry, you feel as if a veil has fallen over your ability to experience the world fully. Blurry vision can stem from a number of possible causes, but it can also respond to many possible remedies. Here at Urban Eyecare & Eyewear in West Des Moines, we can figure out what's causing your blurry vision and recommend the appropriate treatment to help you optimize your eyesight.
Reasons for Blurry Vision
Clear, crisp vision requires flawless interactions, not only between your two eyes, but also among the various parts of the eyes and the vision center of the brain. Dysfunction in any of these areas can produce blurry vision. Your blurry vision may be the result of:
- Dry eye - If you have trouble keeping your eyes hydrated and lubricated, you may experience blurry vision, along with redness, eye fatigue, light sensitivity, and eye irritation.
- Eye muscle strain - Overuse of your eyes for close work can fatigue the focusing muscles of your eyes, causing temporary blurriness.
- Refractive errors - Myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, presbyopia, or a combination of these refractive errors can leave you with blurry vision, either at a specific distance range or (in the case or presbyopia or astigmatism) across all distances.
- Acute tissue damage - Corneal abrasions or other eye injuries can cause blurry vision. You may also experience blurry vision following eye surgery.
- Eye diseases - Diseases such as cataracts, macular degeneration, angle-closure glaucoma, and diabetic retinopathy all include blurry vision among their symptoms.
- Neurological complaints - Neurological disorders such as migraines, strokes, and optic neuritis can sometimes blur vision.
Testing and Treatment from Our Optometry Team
Our optometry team can evaluate both your visual acuity and your ocular health to find the underlying cause of your blurry vision. we can then prescribe the appropriate therapy or corrective treatment to help you clarify your eyesight. Refractive errors typically respond well to corrective lenses. Treatment for dry eye can relieve blurriness while also improving your comfort and protecting your corneas against potential damage. If we discover that your blurry vision stems from a progressive eye disease, prompt treatment can help prevent your vision problems from getting worse. Corrective lenses or other solutions can optimize your current state of vision.
Ready to See More Clearly in West Des Moines?
Don't miss out on all of life's little details. Call our West Des Moines optometry clinic at (515) 223-1000 to have your blurry vision evaluated and treated!